In this video I am going to show you how to use Instagram stories and share with you 3 reasons why stories can help you build your business! So Stick around!
So one of the reasons that I decided to do this video is that since Instagram stories first came out 2016 there have been some minor changes to the way you can access and create your stories so I want to walk you through that process…
But before we jump on the computer…
Let me share with you the second reason that I wanted to create this video, it was to share with you why stories should be a big part of your marketing efforts on Instagram marketing efforts…
Why use Instagram Stories you may be asking??
How to Use Instagram Stories? But more Importantly why to use them in 2018?
- 200M Daily Active Users Yes that is right!!
- Everyday, over 200 million people use Instagram Stories. That’s now more than SnapChat – making it one of the fastest growing platforms, ever!
- What does this mean for you? There are a HUGEMONGUS amount of eyeballs already on the platform.
- Instagram Stories are Discover-able.
- ‘Discoverable’ means that people who don’t follow you can see your posts too!
- Your stories last for 24hrs, however it’s not only those who follow you who will see them, in-fact, they’re discoverable so in the same way you might see accounts you’re not used to in your stories feed, other users will see yours!
- So its A great opportunity to create new raving fans! If used consistently and creatively
- Adding hashtags to Instagram Stories (it’s kinda new!)
- If you haven’t noticed it yet, you can now add hashtags to your IG stories!
When someone is searching through a hashtag, your Instagram stories with that hashtag appear at the top of the feed, making you even more discoverable!
Check it out when you’re scrolling through your favorite hashtags.
So let’s jump into the training today
How to Use Instagram Stories
So to get started with stories all you need to do is to tap on the plus sign at the bottom of your logo or profile image!
This will bring up the Story editor and this is where you can really get creative!
Here you can take a snapshot and you can also take video either front facing ore rear facing! So to take a photo all you need to do is tap on the white circle once and it will take a picture that you can then edit and upload it.
But if you hold your finger down on the white circle it will start filming as you hold your finger down it will film up to 10 sec if you let go before the 10 seconds is up the video will be shorter!
- Now here is a bonus tip while holding your finger down to take video if you slide your finger back and forth on the screen it will zoom the lens in and out giving you some interesting effects
Once you are finished filming then you can edit your video and add stickers or text overlay right to the video
Then when you are all finished all you have to do to upload is click on the add to story button.
When your story is uploaded the + sign will disappear and your logo or profile pic will have the Instagram colored circle around it!
You story will now be discover-able to both followers and non-followers alike.
Now at this point I want to show you a couple of different story options that you can do!
How to Use Instagram Stories – Shout Out!!
Here is one from one of my buddy Garret who is also one of Instagram students he picked up my FREE Guide on How To Get Your First 10k Followers on Instagram a few months ago and has been crushing it ever since. He is consistently is putting out amazing post and has learned How to Use Instagram Stories on a daily basis! You have to check out his page over @dreamwarriorempire
How to add Hashtags and make them discover-able:
You gotta love Instagram Story hashtags.. Go ahead and use Instagram hashtags to get more followers and generate more leads to grow your business
Leave me a comment below and tell me how you are using Instagram stories to build your business in 2018
Related Videos: 2 NEW INSTAGRAM FEATURES