There are a few things you need to know to get you up and running quickly and in this video I'm gonna show you a quick IGTV step-by-step process on how you can do that. IGTV is going to give creators the ability to create and upload content videos to the platform to grow their accounts, establish their brands and build their businesses!
And if you didn't already know this Instagram is on fire right now and there's never been a better time to get plugged in and to start leveraging the power of Instagram's 1 billion monthly users.
Imagine what that could do for your business!
The first thing you want to do is to launch the IGTV mobile app. You can do that by tapping on the ID TV button on the top right of the Instagram feed page.
- This will open up your IG TV mobile app and that will let you go into IGTV and see all of the people who you are following that have set up an IG TV channel.
- Instagram has also picked out some channels that they think you would like based on the profiles that you have been looking at.
- One of the other tabs will show you all of the popular IGTV channels and videos.
Another cool feature is that IGTV keeps track of the videos that you have watched. If there are any that you haven't finished watching then if you click on this tab it will show you those videos and l you can just pick up where you left off.
IGTV Vertical Video Format
One of the biggest differences with IGTV from other platforms is that all of the videos are in vertical format. For some it will take a little bit of getting used to. But for many they're already sold on vertical videos and cranking out content. These vertical videos are best created in 9 x 16 aspect ratio. This is basically 1080 x 1920 instead of the other way around which is full HD. What that means if you're using a DSLR camera to shoot videos now you have to turn your camera on its side. So most people will most likely be creating content with their phones.
First Setup your IGTV Channel
- Set up your IGTV channel by going to the settings where the gear icon is and inter your information and make your adjustments. This is pretty straightforward from there and should take you but a few minutes.
How To Upload Videos To IGTV
So the big question that many have right now is how to upload videos to your ID TV channel? Unlike regular Instagram videos you can't record these videos in the Instagram app. So you'll have to record the videos on your phone or on a camera and edit them in the vertical video format and then upload them to your phone.
If you didn't record on them on your phone and you used a dslr camera you can just edit them on your computer or laptop then you'll just have to send it to your phone using AirDrop, Google Drive or Dropbox to get them on your phone.
- Once you have the videos on your phone go into your IGTV app tap on your profile image and then tap on the little + sign which will give you the option to upload a video file directly from your phone.
- Choose your video from your gallery and then you are good to go click next to add your title then let everybody know what your videos about by adding a description.
- One of the great features with IGTV is that you can actually add a link in your description that can link out to your website your YouTube channel or wherever else you might be marketing yourself.
IGTV Is Wide Open
So just think about all the content strategies that you can use to build your brand and grow your business especially with 1 Billion monthly active people to market to.
Speaking about links if you want to find out how you can add multiple links to your Instagram channel then you can click on this link to check it out ===>> Watch The Video
Next you have the option to edit your cover image. This is a lot like a thumbnail on YouTube it is the first impression that people will see when scrolling through your IGTV channel. So you want to get creative! You can choose between an image that you upload or a screen capture from the video that you uploaded.
- Once you complete your cover image, your title and the description then you are ready to post on your IGTV channel.
One of the other features of the IGTV channel is the analytics. This will allow you to see how many views likes comments you have received on each of your videos also another important metric is your audience retention how long are people actually watching your video.
- You can also share these videos with others as well as invite others to share your videos with their friends.
Okay well that's it! A simple step-by-step guide to getting started with IGTV and uploading your first videos.
It is going to be exciting to see how this new Instagram platform grows and develops over the next couple of years.
So it's time to get your creative juices flowing and start creating content. Remember 1 billion monthly users with the ability to access your content from their cell phones. Which is usually in their hands most of their waking hours…. That's powerful.
JOIN OUR NETWORKING NOMADS FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
Need Help Growing Your Instagram Account to generate more leads, sales and sign-up for you business?
Click On The Image Below!
#IGTV #Instagram #Tutorial